Thursday 12 November 2009

Thursday of Chemo-Free Week

She's on her week off chemo this week & we've had time to sit down & consider the trends:

Day 1 = Chemo
Days 2-4 = 3 days of hyperactivity
Day 5 = 1 day coming down from hyperactivity
Day 6 = 1 day of narcolepsy
Day 7 = 1 "fairly normal" day
Day 8 = Chemo
Days 9-11 = 3 days of hyperactivity
Day 12 = 1 day coming down from hyperactivity
Day 13 = 1 day of narcolepsy
Day 14 = 1 "fairly normal" day

Day 15 is the start of the chemo-free week & we're on Day 16 today. Chemo starts again next Wednesday, which will be Day 22 of Cycle 1, or Day 1 of Cycle 2, depending on which way you look at it.

I'll keep an eye on the trends & see how they continue.

She's had AWFUL stomach gripes over the past few days. I'm not sure what they're linked to, but it does seem pretty likely that the hyperactivity is linked to the steroids she's prescribed for the 1st 3 days post-chemo, to increase the efficacy of the anti-nausea meds.

I've had a LOT of work this week & am really, really tired. I'm also suffering retail-therapy withdrawal symptoms. I need to get shopping again. I know I don't like clothes shopping (clothes just don't interest me), but Primark has just opened in the Mall. I really think I should go & explore it as soon as I've had enough sleep to enable me to face the crowds.

No comments: